This Course meets the 16 hour course #3322 objectives outlined by TCOLE
The Patrol Rifle Course is designed specifically for Peace Officers desiring to deploy or carry the AR15 or similar style weapon in the performance of their duties.
This course includes an informative theory session followed by a progression of live fire drills covering essential fundamentals and skills needed to deal with increasing threats we may encounter. Students will complete a TCOLE qualification and upon returning to your agency, will be fully qualified to carry.
Today Law Enforcement Officers are seeing an increase in violence being directed at law enforcement by illegal groups and criminals that are pouring into and operating in the United States. These groups have tactical training and equipment that we have seldom had to deal with in the past and they are actively looking to engage and defeat law enforcement.
The Patrol Rifle Course #3322 will teach theory as well as practical application in the form of live fire drills that will get you up to speed on the attack/ambush and other violence methodology that has arrived on our door step.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be in an elite group of LE who have learned and understand how to effectively battle this increasing threat, in other words, you will better know your threat and will better be equipped to confront it.
Some topic covered are:
- Understanding the weapon system and accessories available
- Ballistics and Battle Field Zero
- Standard and Un-orthodox shooting positions
- Static and Dynamic Range Drills
- 2 Man drills
- Firing from and around vehicles
- Close and long range contact
- Disadvantage Positions
TCOLE Qualification course
- Patrol Rifle
- Tactical Sling
- Optic (optional)
- 3 Magazines
- 500 Rounds Ammunition
- Magazine Pouch, Chest Rig or Tac Vest
- Duty Pistol
- Duty Belt or similar rig
- 3 Magazines
- 100 Rounds Ammunition
- Drinking Water
This course will be taught by Tim Bulot. Tim has 25 Years experience as a Police Officer in Texas plus 8 years with the Department of State’s Mobil Anti-terrorism Teams. Tim was a team leader and later promoted to Sub-Director of the Anti Kidnapping Initiative in Colombia, South America. Tim completed 7 full tours in Colombia leading a MATT Team, plus time in Afghanistan, Bosnia, Yugoslavia, and numerous other Latin countries. Tim’s vast experience both in country and overseas gives him a real-world approach to his teachings and also a thorough understanding of today’s ever increasing threats.
NAVARRO COLLEGE POLICE ACADEMY
STRATEGIC WEAPONS ACADEMY OF TEXAS
Make checks payable to: The Bulot Company L.L.C.
TCOLE FIREARMS INSTRUCTOR COURSE #2222
4 Days — 40 Hours TCLOLE Credit
This course is open to certified Texas Peace Officers currently working with an Agency. PID and ID required.
Day One: Pre-Qualification, Duties and Responsibilities of a Department FA Instructor, Range Environment, Qualification Course Development, Diagnostics of Shooting Errors, Various Range Drills and more……
Day Two: First Progression, Must Know Techniques and Drills for Basic Peace Officer Certification, The Police Shotgun plus Firing Range Theory
Day Three: Second Progression, Need to Know Techniques and Drills for In-Service Firearms Training, Night Lab and Quals plus Hands on Practice Range Control
Day Four: Teaching Assignments, Final Exam, Final Qualifications, Graduation
A PRE-QUALIFICATION IS REQUIRED ON DAY ONE. YOU MUST PASS WITH A SCORE OF 90% IN 2 ATTEMPTS TO CONTINUE. STUDENTS UNABLE TO PASS THE QUALIFICATION WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO COMPLETE THE COURSE. THIS IS A TCOLE REQUIREMENT. UPON ENROLLMENT YOU WILL BE GIVEN THE COURSE OF FIRE IN ORDER TO PRACTICE BEFOREHAND.
- Duty Pistol
- Duty Shotgun/Sling, pump action 12 ga
- Eye and Ear Protection
- Duty Belt and 3 Quality Magazines for your Pistol
- Quality Service Holster and Magazine Pouches
- Food and Water for 4 long Range Days
- Proper Clothing for the Conditions
- Shot Timer (optional)
- Stop Watch (optional)
- 1000 Rounds Pistol Ammo
- 200 Rounds Birdshot 12ga
- 50 Rounds 00 Buckshot
- 20 Rounds Slug
Make checks payable to: The Bulot Company L.L.C.
Protective Operations for Law Enforcement #3105
This course is two 10 hour days. It is a demanding course loaded with information, range exercises and dynamic drills. Students should be of the physical ability to withstand two days of constant movement. Day one will conclude with a Night Lab exercise. Your duty weapon is required however, if you are certified with the Patrol Rifle, you may use this weapons for some of the exercises. You will need 500 rounds pistol or 300 rounds pistol and 200 rounds rifle along with extra magazines and mag pouches. We will also be drawing from concealment therefore a concealment holster and jacket/vest are required.
– Concepts, Theory and Principles of High Risk Protection
– Equipment for Travel, Vehicles and Personal Gear
– Live Fire Pistol/Rifle Drills Relevant to Protective Operations
– Selection and Professionalism of Detail Members
– Rolls and Responsibilities of Detail Members
– Advance Security Survey and Threat Assessment
– Foot Movement/Formations
– Threat Recognition and Indications
– Static Vehicle Shooting Drills Live Fire
– Immediate action Drills, Ambush Situations, Dynamic Live Fire
– Motorcade Procedures
– Vehicle Arrival and Departure Drills
*With over 30 years in Law Enforcement plus 8 years full time working over seas in the tactical field, you wont find a more experienced instructor offering a course such as this one for only $169.00!! This course easily beats out other courses costing 3 – 4 times more!
Students will receive 20 hours TCOLE credit through Navarro College Police Academy.
Duration: 5 days
Students: 8 Min – 24 Max
Restrictions: Law Enforcement, Military or Government Agencies
The aim of this 5 day course is to introduce the student to time tested and operationally proven drills and procedures in order to establish or further enhance an existing explosive breaching program within their unit or department.
This course has been designed for non EOD Technicians who have little to no experience in the recognition and safe handling of explosive compounds. Day one will be devoted to the theory and handling of explosives with days two-five focusing on explosive breaching techniques.
Course content includes:
- Explosive storage and transportation regulations ATF -DOT
- Theory of explosives and explosions
- Explosive safety
- Explosive accessories
- Recognition of low and high explosive compounds
- Preparation and firing of charges using non-electric fuse and shock tube initiated blasting caps
- Misfired charge procedures
- History and theory of explosive breaching
- Critical safety issues – calculating net explosive weight, safe stacking distance, and internal overpressure
- Breaching report documentation
- Breaching wood and metal doors
- Breaching windows
- Defeating barricaded doors
- Introduction to internal door charges
- Introduction to charge placement drills
- Reacting to a misfired charge
- Multiple breach points
- Developing standard operating procedures
- Target analysis
- Breacher’s brief back format
- Breacher’s operational data aide memoir
Cover port breaching on dry walls
On successful completion of this course, the student will possess the necessary skills to safely and confidently employ explosive breaching charges in support of special operation missions.
- Ear protection
- Eye Protection: Clear lens safety wrap-around style glasses
- Range training uniform (long sleeve)
- Nomex gloves (recommended)
- Ballistic protection – soft armor or plate carrier with plates
- Handgun or carbine (no ammo, blue gun is acceptable)
- Flash Drive up to 8GB (course breach reports, photos, videos and SOPs)
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
601 N Sonoma Trail
Ennis, TX 75119
Ph: (972) 872-2829
Gov’t Rate ranges from $89-$99 plus tax
Free hot breakfast and Internet
Pool / Gym
Numerous restaurants close by
10 miles from facility
Airport: Dallas / Fort Worth International / Dallas Love Field